HEY, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL ! Have any of you already receiving roses from your loved ones? Talking about roses, today roses actually cost double than usual rate. Hubby is so so so stingy! He's not buying me any. FORGET IT cause I'm not expecting any from him either. hehe.... By the way, I prefer edible roses......something like this one here. If you've no idea what to gift away for this year Valentine's Day, may be this will help. Come on, let's join in for some fun.
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbps yeast
1 cup lukewarm milk
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup corn oil
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1/2 tspn salt
* extra egg for glazing
* chocolate chunks or red bean paste (into 24 portions)
(1) stir together sugar, yeast & milk and let to rest for 10 mins or till bubbling.
(2) once the yeast mixture is ready, combine all ingredients to form a soft dough and knead till smooth.
(3) then keep dough cover and let to rest for an hour or till double it size.
(4) place the ready dough to working table and knead till smooth, then divide into 24 portions.
(5) roll each portion into round shape thinly and them make four cuts to each corner in between 90 degree each.Do not cut cross the centre.
(6) place fillings to the centre, roll up dough up starting from opposite petals. Then follow by the other way round.
(7) place all nicely wrapped dough to baking tray and let to rest for about 30 mins.
(8) finally, brush on egg glazing and bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 15 mins or till golden brown.
( bread, valentine's special )