Melt-in-your-mouth Mushroom Floss Chinese Cookies 即熔蘑菇干曲奇饼
Bake for Happy Kids has inspired me to make these cookies right away. I love how simple the mixed up ingredients. However, I have replaced the meat floss with vegetarian mushroom floss instead. And if you're interested to find out more, please read on.......
100gm butter, softened at room temperature
20gm icing sugar
60gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/8 tspn baking powder
1 TB sesame seeds, toasted
2 TB mushroom floss
* egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
* some sesame seeds for topping
(1) combine flour, cornflour, salt, mushroom floss & baking powder together and mix well.
(2) now, cream butter and icing sugar till smooth then fold in flour mixture to form sticky dough.
(3) finally, throw in the remaining ingredients and mix till everything well cooperated.
(4) next, wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 30 minutes or till dough manageable to handle.
(5) when ready, place chilled dough to slightly floured working table and roll out flat about 1cm thickness. Then cut with round cookie cutter.
(6) transfer all shaped dough to baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with egg glazing ( I used leftover egg white) and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
(8) leave to cool before storage to air tight jar.
Zoe for sharing such beautiful cookie recipe. I love it.