HOT CROSS BUN, HOT CROSS BUN,
ONE A PENNY, TWO A PENNY, HOT CROSS BUN.....
This is the most popular bun which is traditionally eaten during Easter Day, all over the globe. However, I personally prefer extra fluffy kind of bread and I also want something special for a trial. And so, here it is my eggless chocolate flavour hot cross bun. I am loving it ! Please read on if you're interested.
220gm bread flour
30gm cocoa powder
1-1/2 TB sugar
1 tspn yeast
110ml warm milk
20gm butter, chopped
* 1 cup chocolate chips
Ingredients for white paste :
3 TB all purpose flour
2-1/2 TB water
(stir till thick paste is formed then transfer to pipping bag)
1 pce pipping bag
* 2 TB apricot jam mixed with 1 tspn hot water for glazing
(1) combine flour, cocoa powder, yeast & sugar into a big bowl and mix well.
(2) stir in water & milk to foam s sticky dough, then add in butter and continued kneading till smooth & elastic. Set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) now, punch to release excess air from dough then add in chocolate chips and fold dough till well cooperated. Divide dough into 58gm each and round it.
(4) place dough to 9x9" greased baking tray and let to rest for 45 minutes..
(5) now, squeeze on the cross sign with white paste from the pipping bag.and then bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 15 minutes. Brush on apricot jam all over the bread topping for shinny effect.