Danish Pastry 丹麦酥皮包包
Click here to my other Chocolate Danish Pastry.
420gm all purpose flour
2-1/2 tspn yeast
3 TB fine sugar
2 tspn salt
270ml warm milk (50% milk + 50% water)
*250gm cold butter for laminating
(1) combine all ingredients (except butter) into a big bowl and stir to form a soft dough then add in butter continue kneading till everything well cooperated.
(2) shape dough into a ball then keep it into a plastic bag and slightly flatten it Keep refrigerated for overnight or at least for 8 hours.
(3) for butter, weight the butter then cut into more or less 15 portions,
(4) now, flatten dough by rolling it into 12x24" sheet. Next, arrange butter on one side of the dough. Fold other half dough over to cover the butter and seal the edges and well pleaded. (this is a lazy people method haha..... >o<)
(5) Then flatten it by rolling out into a long rectangle shape for about 12x30".
(6) now, instead of doing the 3 fold I did the 4 folding by placing both end of dough facing the center, as picture shown the above. Then make another folding by placing one overlap the other, as picture shown below. Looking like a 4 layers stacked dough. (I'm using the old photos)
*Egg glazing : 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
Ingredients for cream cheese filling :
250gm cream cheese, at room temperature
1 small egg
pinch of salt
Hand beat cream cheese till creamy then add in yolk & salt, continue beating till well combined. Later on stir in egg white till everything cooperated. Should be in paste like mixture. Set aside.
(9) next, arrange dough to baking tray lined with baking paper, fold all sharp edges inward to meet at the center dough as picture shown the above. Fill the center with cream cheese paste and top with fruits as desired. Then set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
(10) finally, brush the top with egg glazing then bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 25 minutes (20 minutes on middle rack & 5 minutes on lower rack) or till golden brown.