Cranberry La Brioche Feuilletee 红梅布莉歐千层酥皮
click to see here. It was astonishing ! Since this is my favourite thing to do, I shall start without hesitation..Please read on for more.
250gm bread flour/high protein flour
250gm all purpose flour
100gm dried cranberries, chopped
1-1/2 TB instant yeast
2-1/2 TB sugar
3 large eggs
150ml full cream milk
1 tspn salt
50gm cold butter, diced
**300gm cold butter for folding process
**egg glazing : 1 yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
(1) combine both flour, sugar, yeast, cranberries, eggs & milk then stir to form a soft dough.
(2) now, add in salt & butter and continued kneading till smooth & non-sticky then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) once ready, punch dough to release excess air and kmead till smooth again.
(4) place dough to slightly floured working table, roll to flatten dough into 26x12" sheet.
(5) sliced cold butter to cover half portion of flattened dough, as picture shown here. Fold the other half dough over butter and keep the edges nicely sealed.
(6) next, roll filled dough into 26x12" sheet again then fold both the shorter edge to meet at the center. Now again, fold the other half over one half to generate a 4 folding layer, as seen here. Finally, cover dough with plastic sheet & keep refrigerated for 30 minutes till butter is chilled and set. This is to prevent melting butter from messing up the dough.
(7) repeat the folding process for another 2 more round then keep chilled for 45 minutes after the final touch up.
(9) greased two 4x4x9" tray lined with parchment paper each, then place one & a half piece of pastry sheet to tray by flipping into snake like curl shape, as picture shown above.
(10) let to rest for another 45 minutes or till double in size as picture shown below.