Southern Coconut Cake
5 egg whites
1/2 cup milk
1 TB coconut essence
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 TB corn flour
1-1/2 cup sugar (actual 2-1/3 cups)
4 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
230gm butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup coconut milk
(1) whisk egg white till foamy then beat in milk & coconut essence, set aside.
(2) now, cream ingredients (C) till well mixed then fold in ingredients (B) mixture till well combined.
(3) next beat in mixture (A) till well mixed.
(4) pour batter to a 8" baking tray lined with parchment paper then bake at preheated oven 175'C for about an hour or till the cake set.
(5) let cake cooled in tray for 10 minutes before removing it out on the rack.
(6) finally, divide the cake into half then frost the cake as desired and cover with coconut flakes.
250gm cream cheese, at room temperature
125gm butter, at room temperature
3 cups icing sugar, sifted (actual 4 cups)
3 TB coconut powder
1 tspn coconut essence
1/2 cup whipping cream (do not whipped)
*100gm coconut flakes for coating
Combine everything into mixing bowl and beat till creamy white then keep refrigerated for an hour before used. (Note : this frosting recipe is perfect for 3 layers cake)