Apple Doughnut 苹果甜甜圈
4 large green apples, diced
1/2 cup raisins
1 lemon juice & rinds
1 lime juice & rinds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1/2 tspn nutmeg powder
2 TB all purpose flour (it helps to thicken the sauce)
(1) combine everything into sauce pan and let to cook till apple became slightly soften.
(2) off then heat then stir in flour and set aside to cool. But best to prepare this one day before and kept chilled before used.
Ingredients for doughnut dough :
450gm all purpose flour
250ml full cream milk
70gm butter, melted
1 large egg, beatened
1 TB yeast
3 TB fine sugar
(1) combined melted butter, milk, sugar and yeast then let to rest for 10 minutes.
(2) when ready, stir milk mixture and egg into flour till soft dough is formed.
(3) next, let dough rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) now, transfer dough to working table and knead till excess air released. Then divide into 57gm each and round them.
(5) flatten dough to filled in apple fillings then sealed nicely. Then again rest for 20 minutes.