Banana Cottony Zebra Cake @ 斑马香蕉蛋糕
Please do email me if there's any questions.
Ingredients : (size 8" tray)
7 egg yolk
70ml corn oil/melted butter
120gm mashed banana
110gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn salt
7 egg white
100gm fine sugar
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
1 tspn chacoal powder
1-1/2 tspn hot water
(mix well and set aside)
(1) Portion A : beat eggs till pail & fluffy then add in mashed banana, salt & oil and beat till well combined.
(2) now, fold in flour and beat till well cooperated and set aside.
(3) Portion B : whisk egg white till foamy then add in cream of tartar and continue whisking for about 1 minute.
(4) next, add in sugar 1/3 at a time about 2 minutes each batch till egg white became stiff and meringue like.
(5) now, transfer egg white to Portion A in three batches and stir till well combined. Do not beat the mixture, as this will create more air in batter.
(6) then divide batter into 2 portions in separated bowl.
(7) add Portion C to one portion of batter and mix till well cooperated.
(8) finally, alternately pour in both batter in equal portions to a 8" tray lined with baking paper, with the side coated with butter. (I used 2 medium size soup paddle)
(9) and then bake at preheated oven 160'C under water bath method, for about 70 minutes or till tester came out clean.
Tips : water bath method meaning put the batter tray to a bigger tray filled with hot water on it. This is also called as steam bake method. After 70 minutes of baking time, mine is about to dry out.