Danish Pastry

I am so happy today because I really did a wonderful job on this pastry. This is actually my very first attempt on danish pastry and I'm glad I made it. On my mind, I always thought that danish pastry should be very difficult to make cause of the long period of folding process. Well, it is not at all !!! I found a homemade recipe from a french blog and then I followed the folding process from here.

Ingredients for pastry dough :
(A)
1 tbsp yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 tspn vanilla essence
2 egg
1/4 cup orange/lemon juice
some orange/lemon zest
1 tspn salt
(add all ingredients together and mix well.)

(B)
4 cups all purpose flour
(slowly add flour into the (A) mixture untill form a soft dough. Add more flour if it is too hard to handle.Then place the dough to the fridge for 30 mins. I kept in the freezer.)

(C)
400gm butter
3 tbsp all purpose flour
(now, you can start the folding process as I recommended. After the final folding, keep the dough in the fridge for overnight.)

I only used half of the pastry dough and keeping the other half in my freezer for next week. Now, roll out the dough into desired sizes and shape them.

I added in some green apples mixture (4 green apples cut small + 1/2 cup raisins + 2 tspn cinnamon powder + 2 tbsp brown sugar), on mine. Let the pastry dough stand for about 30mins or more before baking. Brush with egg glaze (1 egg yolk + 1 tspn water).

Then bake at preheated oven 190-200'c for 20 mins or untill golden brown.

I'm using this St.Dalfour jam for topping. I can tell you this is absolutely a delicious product from France. No additional sugar added in and is high fruit content.

Finally, sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...