Black Sesame & Sweet Potato Baguette
Still remember the three quarter discharged leaven? Right! I combined that with 300gm of water and 390gm of all purpose flour, then leave to proof for 2 hours at room temperature 28'c(+/-). That's my starter dough and I kept the rest leftover in the fridge. I decided to make some soft baguette with them. I think Asian still prefer soft bread loaf the most. And I'm going to try something funky & fun to eat! Here's what I did.....
360gm bread flour
160gm starter dough (leaven)
2 tspn yeast
3 tbsp ground black sesame seeds
200gm sweet potato, cubed
3 tbsp butter, soften
- combine flour, water, starter dough, salt, yeast & ground black sesame untill a soft dough is form.
- leave to proof for an hour, then knead for a few minutes to release air from dough.
- divide dough into 2 portion and roll flat.
- roll up the dough and seal the edges, place them to baking tray.
- leave for 2nd proofing for about 45 mins.
- make a few cuts on the surface of the breads and bake at 200'c for about 30-35 mins or untill brown.
This sweet potatoes bread can only kept for one day, means that you must be able to finish them by the next morning. I have to tell you that these are best for making french toast! Oh yes, you going to love it! Just imagine warm bread with sweet potatoes & eggs...hmm..mmm.... I even tried them with curry sauce....that even superb! So, enjoy!