Lavender Blossom Sponge Bread
Sometimes when people asked me what I wanted to bake today!!! I'll have to answer them wait till I got that 'click'! The 'click' that always brings us surprises and curiosity. And I love it that way, so that we can always filled our lives with surprises. Well, today I have both flowers & leaves in my bread....does that sounds wonderfully GREEN to you!?
Here's the recipe.
Here's the recipe.
Ingredients for Sponge Cake :
4 egg yolk
1/4 cup Lavender sugar/sugar
1/2 cup superfine flour
3 tbsp oil
a dash of dried lavenders
- beat egg yolk and sugar untill foamy & pale.
- alternately stir in flour & milk untill well mixed.
- then stir in oi & lavender untill well combined, set aside.
4 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tspn cream of tartar
- whisk egg whites, cream of tartar & sugar untill fluffy & foamy.
- finally, stir ingredients (B) to (A) in three portion untill well combined.
- pour batter to a 10x14" tray lined with parchment paper.
- bake at 185'c for 20 mins.
- then set aside to cool.
- remove the top cake crust carefully & set aside.
Ingredients for Matcha Bread :
360gm bread flour/high protein flour
160gm starter dough
2 tspn yeast
1 tspn matcha powder
Method : Please follow instruction from here. I'm using my baguette dough here in this recipe or you can use other bread dough recipe.
Now, here you have a nice loaf of fragrant soft bread with a kinda sensation & calm flavour. Love me or hate me, daaaaaahling! You still have to make your own loaf of bread....*sigh* Enjoy!
TO ASSEMBLE :
- roll bread dough flat about 12x16" or just about the size that is slightly larger than the sponge cake.
- place the cake on the dough and then roll it up like a swiss roll.
- seal both side nicely and place the dough to a bread tray 10x4x4".
- leave to proof for about 45mins or double in size.
- finally, bake at 190'C for about 40-45 mins or untill brown.
- leave completely cool before slicing.