What's Hidden Behind The Bread ?
6 green apples, cored the center
1 cup ground hazelnut
2 TB brown sugar
1-1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
6 pcs pastry puff sheet
Ingredients for dough :
400gm bread flour
2 TB sugar
2 tpsn yeast
200ml warm water
1 tspn salt
40gm cold butter, chopped
1/2 tspn vanilla essence / extract
* egg glazing : 1 egg york + 1 tspn milk
(1) mix together hazelnut, sugar & cinnamon powder then place apples to baking tray, press in the nut mixture and bake at preheated oven 200'C for 10 mins, leave cooled.
(2) now, combine flour, sugar & yeast together, then add in water, vanilla essence & egg to form a soft dough.
(3) then stir in butter & salt and knead dough till smooth.
(4) leave dough rest for 35-40 mins and then quickly punch & knead dough to release air and till smooth. (please handle dough with care cause it's a bit sticky!)
(5) drop dough to slightly floured working table and then divide into 6 portions.
(6) wrap baked apples with dough and place them to baking tray size : 4 x 4 x 10".
(7) cover the top with pastry puff sheet and leave to rest for 25-30 mins.
(8) brush the top with egg glaze and bake at preheated oven 195-200'C for about 15-20 mins or till brown.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & Bake Your Own Bread.