Dutch Apple Cake
Amy @ uTry.it telling me that I'm one of the lucky winner of the Singing Dog products giveaway. I am totally thrilled to receive such good news early on that morning. This is the second time I've won something from a giveaway so far. :o) And finally received the package two weeks later. I was told to keep an eye on it cause some of the packages from Singing Dog Vanilla got rejected by the Malaysian customs department. Not sure why ! Oh yeah, I am super lucky indeed. haha...... I received a bottle of vanilla bean paste and vanilla blackberry sage tea (come with a bag) from Singing Dog Vanilla. I've been eyeing on this vanilla bean paste since a long time ago. OH FINALLY....finally...finally !!! I can't wait to try it out right away. I am definitely looking for something simple & quick to make and have chosen this Dutch Apple Cake. Dutch apple cake is something look like an apple pie but it's actually a cake. Some recipe may omit the baking powder.
homemade vanilla extract but unlike those vanilla essence. You can too check out Singing Dog Vanilla.for some of their products
3/4 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
1-1/2 tspn Singing Dog vanilla paste
2 cups all purpose flour
1/8 tspn baking powder (optional)
Ingredients for apple filling :
3 apples, skinned & diced
3 TB brown sugar
1 tspn cinnamon powder
(combine all & mix well, set aside for 10 mins)
(1) beat together butter, salt, vanilla paste, sugar & eggs till fluffy.
(2) stir in flour & baking powder and mix well, the mixture should look like paste form.
(3) divide into 2 portions and spread half of each portion to a 4x8x2.5" greased tray..
(4) next, place on the apple mixture and cover the top with the remaining dough.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 40 mins or till brown.
(6) leave to cool for 5 mins before slicing.