It's been a hectic week! My dad involved in a car accident last Friday. He was hit by a car when on his way to work .Luckily, nothing serious happened but both of his legs are swollen. NO major injury and I am glad he's in full recovery now. Have to thank hubby for driving 5 hours straight heading back to my hometown just to see my dad. ((hugs)) So, it's about time to relax and have a cup of coffee with some tasty baked goodies at home this weekend. I found this easy & divine cake after google for some time and can't resist without giving it a go.
(recipe adapted here
Ingredients for sponge
1 tspn vanilla paste / essence
250gm all purpose flour
3 tspn baking powder
50gm butter, melted
(1) beat ingredients (A) till fluffy & pale then stir in ingredients (B) alternately with ingredients (C) till everything combined.
(2) pour batter to a 9x13" tray lined with greaseproof paper & bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 20-25 mins.
(3) prepare the top mixture while the cake is still in the oven.
Ingredients for coconut topping
300gm fresh young coconut, grated
250gm brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla paste
125gm butter, softened
(combine all ingredients to form soft paste)
(4) spread the coconut mixture to the top of the cake once it's ready, straight from the oven.
(5) then place it back to the oven and bake for another 10 mins at 220'C.
(6) once it's done, cooled & keep refrigerated overnight before slicing.
the cake turned out great. Such irresistible aroma. I found some blogger heat the coconut topping to thicken the mixture before spreading it onto the cake. That's a great idea as well. I'll have to try that the next time.
The cake is really moist & smooth. Not to mention about the topping.....absolutely addictive! This cake is best to keep refrigerated before serving. Hope you guys will love it too! Happy weekend.