Croissant ~ Pain Au Chocolate
(recipe adapted from here)
500gm all purpose flour
1 TB yeast
2-1/2 TB sugar
2 tspn salt
*250gm margarine, thinly sliced
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big bowl and stir to form soft dough.
(2) knead to smooth and let to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) next, punch dough to release air then wrap with plastic sheet and keep refrigerated overnight.
(4) then follow by the folding method here, on the next day.
(5) again keep the folded dough refrigerated for overnight, soon after folding completed.
(6) finally, place dough to a slightly floured working table on the next day and rest for 20 mins.
(7) roll dough into 24x48" flat sheet, divide into 4 equal cuts and again halved each portion into triangle shape.
croissants and 4 Pain Au Chocolate. If time allows, I'll make one more batch. And my kids are asking for more Pain Au Chocolate. lol.
I'm sending this to Yeastspotting @ Wild Yeast Blog.