Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pandan Danish Loaf

Danish Loaf is so popular over here at those bread & pastry shops around the city. But never in small town. However, I have yet find a proper recipe for it. So, just use whatever recipe available at the blogosphere. And this one here is adapted from Cooking Bread.

Ingredients for dough :
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup milk
1-3/4 tspn yeast
1 cup bread flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp butter, softened
*
Method :
(1) combine lukewarm water, yeast and sugar into a bowl and leave to rest for 10 mins or untill bubbling.
(2) combine all dried ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
(3) add in yeast mixture, eggs & milk into dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
(4) stir in butter and mix well.
(5) wrap dough into plastic sheet and keep chilled for 30 mins.
*
Ingredients for Pandan Butter filling :
125gm cold butter
1 tspn pandan paste
1 tbsp flour
(place all ingredients into a plastic bag and roll it into size as desired, *spread pandan paste all over the bag before rolling. Keep chilled)

TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) roll dough flat into rectangle shape (slightly bigger than chilled butter).
(2) place chilled butter onto flatten dough.
(3) fold 1/3 dough into centre of butter.
(4) then fold on the other half to form an envelope.
(as shown in pictures)


(5) keep both side seal and roll flat.
(6) then fold both sides of dough into the centre.
(7) and make another final fold between the two.
(8) again, wrap dough into plastic sheet and keep chilled for 30 mins.


(9) repeat the process (5) to (8) for another 2 more times.
(10) keep dough refrigerated for an hour or overnight before further process.

(11) roll dough flat to the size as desire, the thickness is about 2/3 inch for better effect.
(12) shape the dough and place it to the baking tin.
(13) leave to rest for about half an hour and then brush on egg glaze.
(14) bake at 200'c for about 25 mins or untill brown.
(15) remove bread from the tin and leave cool before serving.
*

Compare to my first danish loaf recipe, this is much crispier but the other version is much softer. And of coz, the dough is much harder to handle. This recipe is actually best to use in danish pastry and it's so delicious. And I have another one coming up soon. So, stay tune!

37 comments:

Jeannie said...

Takes a lot of time to bake these but so little time to consume! Not fair huh? Lovely loaves Kristy, can imagine the smell in your house now:D

Pam said...

They look delicious and what a great presentation! Just wish I had a slice right now!

Foodessa said...

Kristy...you seem to have a real knack for baked goods with dough concoctions like these. The color and texture looks amazing ;o)
Exceptional presentation.

Ciao,
Claudia

Belinda @zomppa said...

Gorgeous loaf! Does pandan work with almost any bread? Or maybe you just make it work all the time@

ICook4Fun said...

The bread look wonderful. Just like the one from the bakery shop. Great idea in making it yourself as i remember paying nearly RM10.00 for a loaf back in KL.

smallkucing said...

must have smell heavenly :D

Elin said...

Wow...Kristy what can I say...you are so pro in baking...I salute you...yours are better looking than those sold at the bakery...seriously :) Thanks for sharing the recipe and the step by step to making this braided pandan danish bread.

Have a great Sunday :)

Jet said...

The loaves look amazing! Nice color and pattern. It must be really aromatic. Mmm...

Barbara said...

Amazing photos, Kristy. They are making my mouth water! I think I like the crispy aspect of this version.

Fimère said...

elle est magnifique cette tresse et joliment colorée, tu ne cesse de m'étonner avec tes magnifiques réalisations
bonne journée

Reeni said...

Your loaves are gorgeous Kristy! If I were your neighbor I'd be knocking on your door with a pot of tea!

reanaclaire said...

I like the way the bread is folded.. so neat.. how did u manage to do it so nicely.. salute!

elra said...

Beautiful, I am bookmarking this. Hope to make it one day.

alison said...

hi,queen of baking and a beautiful week-end!gorgeous loaf!

Jay said...

wow..! completely a new recipe...awesome..:)

Tasty Appetite

Priscilla said...

wow! It looks and sounds great! Great recipe!

Have a great day!
Priscilla

Lyndsey said...

These look so good! I would love some of this! You are so good at showing step by step instructions! Fanastic! We don't really see Danish Loaf around here.

Have a great weekend, and I'll chat with you later!

Lyndsey!

Cheah said...

They look so good, but a lot of work involved. Well done!

Cooking Gallery said...

Those loaves look so pretty! Thank you for showing us the pleating method. You're very good at baking, Kristy...!!

Karen said...

Wow! These are beautiful! Such an unexpected color. They look tasty!

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, I can smell the bread from here! The bread looks so nicely baked, I love the shinning top, I can definitely eat many slices at one go!

Von said...

Wow! I've seen danishes before but not pandan danishes!! haha....this looks really godo! I've always wanted to make danish pastry, but I've never quite gotten around to it =) Seeing this makes me want to make it even more!

Dimah said...

What a wonderful bread! Very pretty and delicious looking!

penny aka jeroxie said...

oh wow! pandan... I must make this even though it takes more time.

Sanjeeta kk said...

Lovely loaf, what is pandan paste?

My Little Space said...

Jeannie : Thanks alot!

Pam : Thank you and glad you like it too.

Claudia : Thank you so much! Glad you like the recipe.

Belinda : Yeap, it does! And I love green alot.

Gert : At Jusco, it's about RM4.00 a loaf.

smallkucing : One of my favourite bread. Yumm...

Elin : You're welcome! Glad you like it too. Hope you to see making it one day!

Jet : Thanks alot, there!

Barbara : I love both! haha... I'm a bread lover and love anything yeasted as well.

Fimere : Merci!

Reeni : AFter one year of hardwork & self training. I think still consider OK lah.... ^_^

Elra : I'm sure you work better than this. Looking forward to yours soon!

Alison : Thank you! Will write to you later.

Jay : Thank you very much.

Priscilla : Hope you will enjoy it too!

Lyndz : Emh...I thought danish loaf is pretty popular over America!!!

Cheah : Yeap, lots of work but worth it though! At least, I don't have to wait till I get to the city to have these.

Cooking Gallery : You're welcome! I'm glad you like it too. It's a pleasure.

Karen : Thank you! Just a little bored having the same old thing every time. Need a little changes! ^_^

Jess : You know, whenever I visit to S'pore. I spent almost $50 everyday, sometime even more just in purchasing fresh bread from the bakery shop. Even my dad salute me! My kids love bread too. haha...

Von : Never ever afraid to try!

My Little Space said...

Dimah : Thank you very much for your kind words and glad you like it too.

Penny : Haha... Yeap, you're such a good girl! Never afraid to try.

Sanjeeta : Thanks to your interest and here's the link to your answer.
http://thaifood.about.com/od/glossary/g/pandanleaf.htm -

Thank you all for visiting and spending your time here with me. And it's a great honoured for me to share this recipe. Hope you will like it and have fun.

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend. Enjoy!

Cheers, Kristy

Heavenly Housewife said...

I agree with Alison, you really are the baking queen. Simply beautiful!
*kisses* HH

Abbey said...

This looks so good, and beautiful!!

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the colour of pandan! Your Danish pastry looks very beautiful!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

You have fantastic recipes and techniques Kristy. This one is another winner!!

MaryMoh said...

Wow...totally beautiful! I'm sure this tastes very delicious. Love the crusty look and the colour. Hope you have a great weekend and lots more fun in baking....as I drool! :D

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Little Inbox said...

It looks fabulous! I don't think I'm able to make one at this stage. I need to polish up my skill first.

Cathy said...

Your braids are beautiful, Kristy. I love the color and wish I had a slice or two for dinner this evening. I can well imagine that this is a delicate and light pastry. A lot of folding and rolling is involved.

Weng said...

Hi dear Kristy, You look so pro with this loaf. I really really want to take a bite! You are such an awesome baker :)

ain ramli said...

Awesome!! Got to try this soon. Thanx for the recipe :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...