Sweet Potatoes Gnocchi In Hearty Tuna Chowder

It's my second attempt in Gnocchi making and I feel great. I'm actually having so much fun. I remember Mary Moh @ Keep Learning Keep Smiling made this once and serving it with palm sugar syrup. That sounds wonderful & interesting indeed! But I still prefer to have mine in creamy soup or sauce, more to savoury kinda serving but I definitely will try out the sweet version some day as well. Probably very soon.

And here's what I did.

Ingredients for Sweet Potatoes Gnocchi : (serve 2-3 persons)
300gm sweet potatoes, mashed
a splash of olive oil
1 tspn salt
1/2 cup flour

Method :
(1) combine olive oil, salt and hot mashed sweet potatoes, mix well.
(2) slowly add in flour and mix untill well combined.
(3) divide dough into 4 portion and roll them out into a cigar shape.
(4) slice into 1cm nuggets and roll them on a ribbed board to get the ribbed effect.
(or you may use fork for the pressing)
(5) then cook gnocchi in a pot of boiling water untill they float.
(6) remove them from boiling water once it's done.



Ingredients for Tuna Chowder :
1 can tuna, drained
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, roughly chopped
1 cup celery, roughly chopped
1/2 tspn mixed herbs
1/2 tspn crashed black peppercorn
1 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk/ fresh cream
salt & pepper to taste
* 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (garnish)
*
Method :
(1) preheat frying pan with butter.
(2) saute onion, celery, green bell pepper, mixed herbs and black peppercorn for about 5 mins.
(3) add in tuna & chopped sausage and cook for another few more minutes.
(4) stir in flour and mix well.
(5) add in salt & pepper, chicken broth and milk/cream, cook for about 10 mins or untill the thickness as desired.
(6) finally, stir in the cooked gnocchi and mix well.
(7) off the heat, serve hot with Parmesan cheese and top with chopped mint leaves.

This sweet potatoes gnocchi is less chewy unlike the yam abacus gnocchi I made earlier because of the tapioca starch I've used in that recipe. This is a very unique dish and it goes really well with the chowder. Some gnocchi recipes contained of eggs and cheese. I'm going to omit both because I don't want them to spoilt the origin sweetness in it.

Frankly, I didn't expect my boy, the picky eater will like this because he's never a big fan of any handmade noodles. Surprisingly, he did! He actually had a second top up and he told me that the sweet potatoes gnocchi tasted absolutely marvellous. Very origin, very sweet and very tasty! Haha... what a compliment from my boy. Hope you guys will like it too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...