Mini Savoury Buttermilk Mint Scone

What do you do when you runs out of buttermilk? Ahhhh, simple.... just go and get one from your nearby supermarket, right! But I'm not that lucky! There's no way I can get buttermilk here (I mean around my living area). I'm glad there's still something what we call homemade buttermilk. ^_^ And I am making these scones with my first batch of homemade buttermilk. yay.... The recipe is shown as below this page.

So, here we go!

Ingredients for scone dough :
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
1 tbsp baking powder
110gm cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup homemade buttermilk
1/4 cup chopped sausage
handful of mint leaves
*shredded cheddar cheese for topping

Method :
(1) blend together milk and mint leaves.
(2) combine flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
(3) add in butter and rub in using fingertips untill combined.
(4) stir in milk mixture and chopped sausage to form a sticky dough.



(5) place soft dough onto a floured working table.
(6) press dough into 2cm thick and divide dough by using cutting mould.
(7) brush on egg glaze and top with shredded cheese.
(8) bake at 200'c for about 15-20 mins or untill golden brown.
*
Oh my, these babies are HOT! Super love the minty and cheesy aroma. Just add in an extra spread of butter. Perfectly yummmm...... I am trying to imagine if there's a scoop of hot mashed potatoes in the middle of these scones. Oooo...... lala.... *slurp* Frankly, Scones aren't something popular here in Malaysia especially small places like this. And I'm glad scone making isn't complicated at all. It is best to prepare this an hour before tea time so that you can have them straight from the oven. And I love them sweet or savoury! Hope you all will love it too. Enjoy!

Can anyone tell me is this the right texture????
Ingredients for buttermilk :
2 cups full cream milk
2 tbsp vinegar/lemon juice

Method :
(1) boil milk over low heat for about 10mins, the most 20mins.
(2) then add in lemon juice/vinegar and off the heat immediately.
(3) leave the milk aside for 15 mins at room temperature.
(4) the milk will begin to curdle a bit, as shown in the above picture.
(5) and it's ready to use in any recipes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...