Old Time Egg Tart


The old time egg tarts I love the most. My dad will purposely travel all the way to the same old coffee shop to buy these, each time I went home to visit. Thank you, dad! I miss home a lot. I have once tried making this with pastry puff crust but it isn't the way I keen of and wasn't the exact crust I want. So, I tried something else.

And here's what I did.
*
Ingredients for Pastry Skin :
Dough (A)
120gm all purpose flour
60gm shortening
(divide into 8 portion)

Dough (B)
120gm all purpose flour
30gm icing sugar
30gm shortening
60ml water
(divide into 8 portion)

Method :
Follow instruction from here and then divide each dough into half.

TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) flatten each dough and press them to the pastry cup coated with flour.
(2) cut away the access dough at the edges.
(3) pour in egg mixtures and then bake at 185'c for about 20-25 mins.

Ingredients for Egg filling :
3 eggs
2 cups milk
180gm sugar
1 tspn fresh ginger juice
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
(Boil milk & sugar over low heat untill dissolved. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and ginger juice once the milk has cooled.)

This kind of egg tart is totally different from the common egg tart which is available at most of the cake shop that has soft buttery French pastry crust. These are best to serve warm when the crust is still crispy. And the best thing is the ginger flavour custard filling. Absolutely marvellous!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...