Chinese red dates & longan red bean paste on my last year mooncake menu, recipe here ???? So, this year I finally decided to make one batch red bean paste with the specialty mixture. Hopefully, it turns out as I expected. Unlike the common red bean paste which is smooth & shinny, I cut down the cooking oil and make it more chunky instead. So, here's what I did.
500gm red beans, soaked for 2 hours
1/2 cup cooking oil
Longan red dates paste one recipe
(1) wash & drain red bean then bring it to boil over high heat, let to cook for about 30 minutes or till soft. Test the beans by pressing a few before switching off the heat, if its not ready, then continue boiling till red beans reached the texture as desired.
Longan Red Date Snow Skin Mooncake @ 七星伴月桂圆红枣冰皮月饼
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Friday, July 22, 2016
homemade peanut gravy ! Simply irresistible. (Recipe homemade peanut gravy)
1 large Japanese cucumber, julienned
1 large carrot, julienned
100gm bean sprout, blanched
1 big bunch of cilantro, rinsed and discharged the root
1 packet of Vietnamese rice paper (need extra for 1st timer)
(1) after putting everything in place, now soak Vietnamese rice paper into water for about 1 minute.
(2) then quickly bring out the soaked rice paper and place it to a chopping board, which is easier for the rolling task.At this stage, the rice paper is not totally softened.
peanut gravy to serve with the Vietnamese spring rolls.
Monday, July 18, 2016
(IMPORTANT NOTE : This is NOT a paid post nor advertisement)
1 packet (of 4) SLIM noodle
3 eggs, do not beat
one big bunch cilantro, washed and cut into bite size
one bunch of grated carrot
one red chili, seeded and sliced
a quarter cabbage, thinly sliced
1 large onion, sliced
2 tspn black soy sauce
2 TB light soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tspn vegetarian granules
salt & pepper to taste
1 TB sesame oil
(1) bring a pot of water to boil then cook dried noodle till soften (cooked within 5 minutes).
(2) drain the noodle then rinse with tap water and set aside.
(3) preheat a wok or pan with 2/3 cup cooking oil, add in eggs and let to cook over high
heat, at the same time, stir to scramble the eggs till cooked thoroughly.
(4) stir in noodle to mix well then switch to low heat.
(5) now, add in the seasoning and stir till well mixed.
Nutrisanne has given me a special privilege to try out their new invention. Thank you, Nutrisanne.
Here's the location where you can find this product :
Happiness Organic Health Shop, 72 E, Jalan Anson,
Organic Farmer Choice, 15-1-10, Crystal Square, Bayan Lepas
Green Valley Organic & Natural Products, 17C-G, Lebuhraya Batu Lanchang,
(Soon to come) GAMA Supermarket & Departmental Store, 1, Jalan Dato Keramat
Feng Dian Beras & Organic Trading, No110, Jalan Temenggong
Bodhicitta Vegetarian Trading, 13A, Jln Dato Lau Pak Khuan
Raj Enterprise (Magazine Store), 73, Raja Musa Mahadi, HillviewLoh Ying Pomelo Ipoh Tambun, Gerai Sam Poh Tong
Lim’s Fresh Provision Centre, Taman Ipoh Selatan
SunMay Vegetarian Trading, 689, Jalan New Pasir Puteh
Pasar Mini Yukee, No3, Laluan Lapangan Permata 2, Bandar Cyber