Homemade Yee Sang Crackers 自制劳生薄脆

 

This last time I made my yee sang crackers was by using wanton skin. It was OK but still not good enough cause the texture is crispy instead of crunchy.  It doesn't give me the umphhhhh feeling. Hahaha....... So, I am trying to make the tradition yee sang cracker this year. I have decided to make the vegetarian version which is eggless. Gosh I am so glad I made it. The texture is superb.  Please read on for more.

Ingredients :
150gm  all purpose flour
1/8 tspn  baking soda
pinch of salt
1 piece  red fermented beancurd
15gm  cooking oil
70ml  water
 
Method :
(1) combine flour, baking soda & salt into a big bowl, mix well then add in fermented beancurd and cooking oil and stir with hand till cooperated or turns into crumb like texture.
(2) next, add in water and stir till soft dough is formed. Then set aside to rest for 4 hours.

(3)  when dough is ready, dust working table with flour and flatten dough with rolling pin till as thin as possible.
 

(4)  now, cut dough sheet into thin strips.

(5)  finally, fry till golden over medium heat.

After done leave cool completely before storage.

The result is really satisfying. Just look at the bubbles formed in the crackers.

I divide them into 2 portions easier for later use. Each portions can serve a lou sang for 4-6 persons. Good enough. Hope you guys will like it too. Have fun !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...