Crispy Pizza With Homemade Ricotta Cheese & Pesto

The first thing I wanted to try with my homemade ricotta cheese is this healthy rustic looking pizza. With very light and simple topping! I have yet tried anything with pesto before. So, this is my first attempt and I am loving it. I should have try more recipes with pesto sauce after this. Guess, what's in my mind right now? Mint Pesto! ^_^

Ingredients for Cilantro Pesto :
1 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp roasted ground hazelnut
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tspn salt
2 tbsp chopped garlic
(blend all ingredients together untill well mixed)


Ingredients for Pizza Dough :
400gm bread flour
100gm all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp yeast
2 tspn sugar
1 tspn salt
320ml water
30ml corn oil

Method :
Combine all ingredients together to form a soft dough. Knead untill smooth & springy. Then place dough to a large floured-dusted bowl, and sprinkle some flour over the dough. Keep the container covered and leave aside for an hour or untill dough has doubled in size.
Then remove dough from container and knead the dough lightly. Divide dough into 4 portion and wrap with plastic sheet separately. And I only use one portion for this mini size pesto pizza.

TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) divide one portion of the dough into 4 mini size dough.
(2) flatten and place it to oil coated baking tray, leave aside for 15mins.
(3) spread on pesto sauce, follow by chopped sausage and then cover with sliced tomatoes.
(4) add in homemade ricotta cheese and top with shredded mozzarella cheese & sprinkle a dash of crashed black peppercorn.
(5) Bake at 230'c for about 10-15mins or untill brown.

The pesto sauce smell terrific! Oh.... can't wait to take a bite on it.

I think the tomato slices work so well with pesto and the cheese. And the addition of chopped sausage in the middle just about the right amount to flavour up the whole thing. Absolutely marvellous! From top to bottom, everything homemade. And I'm proud to feed my kids with these. Enjoy and remember to have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...