Spicy Minced Meat Brinjal & Basil

My family eating habit is getting weird these days. Hubby & my girl are both eating less meat, me ALMOST 0% meat intake and my boy is getting along well with eggs these days ( he used to hate eggs !), yet still a carnivore. Well, I'll have to say not easy to satisfy this kind of family members every meal. Absolutely, headache ! But hate it or like it..... I'll sometimes just playing selfish..... only cooking my own favourite food. haha.... I love brinjal especially when it is nicely brown. It smells simply fantastic. And one of my favourite brinjal dish is the one cooking with basil.

And here's my brinjal dish with basil with bird eyes chilies.

Ingredients :
200gm  chicken minced meat
2 large brinjal/eggplant, cut small
a handful of basil leaves
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2" ginger knob, juliened
3 bird eye chilies, cut small

Seasoning :
Salt & pepper to taste
sweet/caramel dark soy sauce

Method :
(1) preheat frying pan with just 4 TB cooking oil, then brown the brinjal in batches till fragrant. Set aside.
(2) now, add in 2 TB cooking oil and saute ginger & shallots over medium till fragrant.
(3) once the ginger & onion started to brown, add in minced meat and cook over high heat till cooked but stir in the basil half way through.
(4) now, add in fried brinjal and chilies and keep on cooking over high heat for another 3-4 minutes but at the same time adding in salt & pepper and then finally add in caramel dark soy sauce. Stir in everything till well mixed and off the heat.

The aroma simply irresistible and I can just have it with my favourite unpolished rice. Usually, most meat will be left on the dish after meal. :o) My beagle will be the lucky & happy one at the end. haha.... I wonder if anyone of you love it as well ?

Enjoy & have a fabulous week ahead everyone.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...