Hong Kong Style Pan Fried Vermicelli In Gravy 香港式米粉
4 pcs rice vermicelli (preferably individual packing)
Cooking oil for frying
Method : soak rice vermicelli for 3 minutes or just about to turn soft then drain (depends on thickness). Preheat frying pan with 3 tablespoon cooking oil then pan fry soaked vermicelli till brown & crispy. Add in cooking oil after each cooking.
Ingredients for prawns gravy :
3 cups water
10 pcs fresh water prawns, trimmed
1 small fish cake, cut small (optional)
salt & pepper to taste (I used 1/3 tspn salt)
1/3 tspn vegetables granules
1 egg, roughly beaten
2 TB chopped garlic
some Chinese cabbaage, cut small (as desired)
*thickening : 3 TB water mixed with 1 TB tapioca starch
(1) preheat frying pan or wok with 3 TB cooking oil, then stir in garlic and saute till fragrant (lightly brown).
(2) add in prawns & any other meat, cook till the prawns turned red.
(3) now, add in water, salt & pepper and vegetables granules, and bring it to boil over high heat.
(4) finally, stir in cabbage & thickening, let to cook for about a minute over medium heat or till the gravy became slightly thicken.
(5) off the heat, add in egg and let to stand for 2 minutes before stirring the gravy.
(6) now, pour gravy over to the serving plate with fried vermicelli and serve hot.