Royal Danish Butter Cookies 丹麦黄油曲奇
230gm butter, softened at room temperature
150gm fine sugar
1 large egg
325gm all purpose flour
1 tspn vanilla essence/extract
* 1 cup course sugar for dusting
* 1/2 cup milk for glazing
(1) cream butter & sugar till fluffy pale then add in egg & vanilla essence and whisk till cooperated.
(2) now, fold in flour till soft dough is formed.
(3) round the dough then wrap with plastic sheet and keep refrigerated for 2 hours.
(4) once ready, flatten dough between two plastic sheet to about and shape dough with cookie cutter as desired.
(5) arrange shaped dough to baking tray lined with parchment paper then again keep refrigerated for 10-15 minutes.
(6) finally, brush with milk and sprinkle on sugar then bake at preheated oven 180'C -185'C for about 20-25 minutes or till cookies became crunchy, not overly brown. Do watch out the temperature.