Viennese Chocolate Sable Cookies 维也纳巧克力黄油曲奇
The Patisserie of Pierre Herme, Viennese chocolate sable the classic Austrian soft butter cookies. Pierre Herme is one of the best classic pastry kitchen in Europe. No doubt that this recipe is highly recommended by all bakers. ( Click here to read more of Pierre Herme Paris ) Once you enter the door of Pierre Herme, I'm sure you won't comes out with empty handed. I think I will most probably went broke just in one shopping and won't leave the shop untill I tried every single piece of desserts there. Holly molly ! haha.....
(Recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients for cookie dough :
250gm butter, softened at room temperature
100gm icing sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
250gm all purpose flour
30gm cocoa powder
1/2 tspn salt
2 large egg white
(1) mix together flour, cocoa powder & salt till well cooperated.
(2) cream butter, vanilla and sugar till fluffy & pale or almost double in volume.
(3) now, fold in flour mixture beating in low speed till everything well combined.
(4) whisk egg white till stiff or in soft peak then fold them into the batter.
(5) spoon batter into pastry bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe the cookies onto baking tray lined with silicon sheet.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 18-20 minutes or till the bottom dry & crispy.
(7) once its done, cooled and then keep in airtight container.