Braised Fish Maw Mushroom 冬菇焖鱼鳔
1 large piece fried fish maw
1 pce whole chicken breast, cut into bite size
1 cup mini abalone chunks
10 pcs shiitake mushroom, soaked in hot water
2 pcs 4" ginger, sliced
3 shallots, sliced
3 cups water
Thickening : 1/2 cup mixed with 2 tspn cornflour
2 TB oyster sauce
80ml light soy sauce
1 tspn chicken granules
white pepper to taste
(1) preheat wok with 1/2 cup cooking oil, saute shallots & ginger till fragrant over high heat.
(2) stir in chicken meat and let to cook for about 10 minutes, then add in mushroom & abalone chunks and cook for another 5 minutes.
(3) now, add in the rest of the seasoning and mix well.
(4) add in water and bring it to boil, then add in fish maw.
(5) next, switch to low heat and let to cook for about 20 minutes. Make sure you have enough water to braise the fish maw, add in extra water if possible.
(6) when its done, stir in thickening and cook for another 1 minute and off the heat.
(7) and its all ready to serve.