Garlic Butter Danish Bread Loaf 蒜蓉黄油丹麦面包
Ingredients for danish dough : (for one 4x9" tray)
230gm bread flour
100gm all purpose flour
16gm milk powder
1/2 tspn salt
1-1/2 TB sugar
1 tspn instant yeast
2 small eggs (about 90gm)
40gm cold butter, chopped
Egg glazing : 1 egg yolk mix with 1 tspn milk
* some mixed herbs garlic butter to spread
(1) combine all ingredients (except butter) into a big bowl and stir to form a soft dough then add in butter continue kneading till everything well cooperated.
(2) shape dough into a ball then keep it into a plastic bag and slightly flatten it Keep refrigerated for overnight or at least for 4 hours.
(3) for butter, weight the butter then cut into 6 portions, arrange butter into a small plastic bag which about 4 to 5" big then press to flatten into equal square size. Keep refrigerated till set. (But I had mine done in the easiest way, just cut the cold butter into big chunk and lined straight onto the dough.)
(4) now, after brings out the cold dough from fridge, place it to working table and knead till smooth for about 2-3 minutes. Then add some flour to the working table, and make sure the dough is well coated with flour then flatten dough into flat sheet about 15x15" size. Finally, place cold butter into the center and fold like an envelope to seal, as pictures shown below.
(8) now, again make another folding by placing both end overlap meeting in the center, as picture shown below. We called this as 4 layers stacked laminating.