Dory Fillet With Creamy Mushroom Dijon Mustard Sauce
My pre-Valentine's Day meal I made for my family a day before Valentine's Day. I know..I know! It's all over ! :P Well, this is a food blog, right? :o) Honestly, I hate rushing around during the week days especially when there are things need to be done according to schedule, like sending kids to school, tuition classes and other activities. It's never been easy being a full-time housewife and a full time driver as well. It ain't something like anyone of those 'Desperate Housewife'. Having tea with friends, relaxing and gossips.... Dream on! So, I had everything done by the weekend.
It should be a satisfying meal cause my boy just sat there and ate his food quietly.... with NO complaints! ha... They both finished everything up. I only managed to finish the fish & salad but I have space for desserts! Well, stay tune! The Brioche recipe is coming next. Enjoy.
Ingredients : (serve 3 to 4)
3 dory fillet, halved
salt & pepper to taste
2/3 cup flour
Creamy Mushroom Dijon Mustard Sauce :
1 large onion, chopped
50gm mushroom, sliced
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard/yellow mustard powder
1/2 cup white wine
1-1/2 cup heavy cream
salt to taste
(1) marinade fish fillet with salt & pepper.
(2) preheat frying pan with 2tbsp butter.
(3) coat fish fillet with flour and pan fry untill cooked, set aside.
(4) using the same frying pan, add in some butter.
(5) stir in chopped onion & sliced mushroom, saute untill fragrant.
(6) add in dijon mustard and saute for a few seconds.
(7) then add in white wine and cook for a minute.
(8) finally, stir in cream and cook untill creamy, add in salt to taste.
(9) off the heat, place the cream sauce over the cooked fish fillet.This rich and creamy sauce is also perfect to use in any ravioli recipe or maybe gnocchi too.