There'll be no more McD nor KFC breakfast after this ! I have never thought making English Muffin is such an easy task. I wonder why didn't I make this earlier? This recipe has been my list-to-do for more than a year. I have wasted too much time already. Gosh, am I glad to have finally get this done.
All together I got 12 buns from one recipe at the size of a burger bun. The best thing I like about it is, it doesn't even need an oven to get them cooked. That's also meaning you can even enjoy it in the middle of the jungle. LOL! :o)
This is how I love my English muffin to look like! Breakfast and brunch.
4 cups all purpose
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp yeast
1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tspn salt
1 cup lukewarm milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted
some cornmeal for dusting (or maize flour)
(1) dissolved yeast & sugar into water for 5 mins.
(2) for hand knead, place 2 cups of flour into a big mixing bowl.
(3) stir in milk, eggs, yeast mixture and butter untill combined.
(4) gradually, add in flour untill a sticky dough is formed and knead for another 5 mins.
(5) cover the dough and let it proof for an hour or untill double in size.
(6) punch dough to release air and then place it to a floured(cornmeal) working table.
(7) sprinkle cornmeal onto dough & roll into 1/2 inch thickness then cut with round cutter.
(8) cook dough on a preheated frying pan over low heat for 5 mins each side.
(9) cool on wire rack.