Northern China Jiaozi
So, here's the recipe.
Ingredients for ham choy filling :
300gm chicken fillet, minced2 tbsp chopped onion
some spring onion, chopped
2 tspn ginger juice
100gm pickled mustard (ham choy)
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp tapioca starch
a dash of shaoxing wine / rice wine
(mix everything together till well combined)
Ingredients for dumpling skin :
( Recipe adapted from here )
300gm all purpose flour
160gm mashed pumpkin
(100gm mashed pumpkin mixed with 60ml hot from steamer)
(1) stir together flour & mashed pumpkin, mix till a soft dough is formed.
(2) then divide into 50 small portions and roll each flat to fill in the meat, sealed and set aside.
(3) bring a pot of water to boil by adding in 1 tbsp of vinegar and also 2 tbsp fried onion oil, to prevent sticky skin
(4) throw in all the dumpling into boiling and let to cook for a couple of minutes or till it has floated to the surface.
(5) remove dumplings to a serving plate once it's done and serve it with dipping sauce.
*Dipping sauce : 1 tbsp light soy sauce + 1 tspn black vinegar + 2 tspn sweet plum sauce + some chopped bird eye chilies & garlic.