Fluffy Yeasted Peach Tart
So, here's what I did.
400gm bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tspn yeast
200ml lukewarm water
1 tspn salt
40 gm butter, chopped
*egg yolk for glazing & 1 tin canned peaches (8pcs)
(1) combine flour, sugar & yeast into a big mixing bowl then add in egg & water, mix to form a soft dough.
(2) next, add in butter & salt and knead dough till smooth.
(3) set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) now, punch dough to release air and knead to smooth.
(5) then place dough to a slightly floured working table and divide dough into 8 portions or any sizes as desired.
(6) shape into ball each and let to rest on the table for 5-10 mins.
(7) slightly flatten each when ready, then place them to trays.
(8) now, flatten the center with a glass or whatever if possible as long as the size is smaller than the dough. (just like making the kolaches)
(9) put some custard to the center of the flattened dough and then top with halved peach.
(10) again let to rest for about 15-20 mins and finally brush with egg glaze onto yeasted dough.
(11) next, bake at preheated oven 185-190'C for about 15-20 mins or till brown.
(12) leave to cool before drizzle on frosting.
Ingredients for custard :
2 egg yolk
2-1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tspn homemade vanilla extract
1 tbsp butter
(1) combine milk, egg yolk and sugar into a saucepan and then heat with medium fire till the mixture became thicken.
(2) next off the heat and stir in vanilla extract & butter till everything well mixed.
Ingredients for Sugar glazing :
1 cup icing sugar
1-1/2 tbsp milk (it's best to add in bit by bit)
2 drops vanilla extract
(combine all ingredients & mix well then place it to piping bag and ready to use.)
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.