Cempedak Butter Cake ~ The Healthy Way
cempedak ! The scientific name called as artocarpus integer where there's another fruit which looks quick the same called as artocarpus heterophyllus or 'Buah Nangka' in Malay. And most of us would called them as Jackfruit. They look quite alike but they actually taste so much different. Cempedak has such irresistible aroma which is more fragrant compare to Nangka. And cempedak fritter is widely sold all around the corner as one of the local street food. Recently, I received some cempedak from a friend nearby and wanting to try it on cakes. The idea is actually inspired by a local TV commercial called 'Ho Chak'. They went to interview the owner of this famous coffee shop in Ipoh selling this cempedak cake for many years already. (click here to see).And it has caught my attention immediately. If not forgetting, Cheah @ No Frills Recipe made this once.
Martha Stewart. Hopefully, she won't be fainted after she saw this version. hehehe..... And also baking the healthy way by using NuStevua sweetener.
250gm butter, room temperature
1-1/2 cup sugar (substitute with 18 tspn NuStevia~Tagatose)
1/2 tspn salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 TB baking powder
1 cup full cream milk
1 tspn NuStevia Flavoured Vanilla
400gm cempedak flesh, cut small
(1) combine flour & baking powder into a bowl and mix well, set aside.
(2) beat butter, sugar & salt till fluffy.
(3) then add in eggs one at a time and beat till well mixed.
(4) now, alternately stir flour & milk into butter mixture till everything well combined.
(5) finally, throw in all the cempedak flesh and mix well.
(6) divide batter into two portions and place to separate 3x3x9" tray, lined with parchment paper.
(7) bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 55mins to an hour or till tester came out clean.
(8) best to leave cool before slicing.
Before ending this post.....here's the announcement for the NuNaturals products giveaway winners. Ta..Da....
(1) Sonia @ Nasilemaklover
(2) Needful Thing
(3) Cathy @ Wives & Knives
(4) Mich @ Piece of Cake
(5) Kathy @ Small Kucing
Thank you so much for joining in, guys! There'll be more giveaways coming up soon. So, stay tune & don't give up.