Lemon Lime Hokkaido Sponge Cake
5 egg yolk
(or substitute with 8 tspn NuStevia Sweetener)
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 cup corn oil
1 tspn Lemon flavoured~NuStevia
1 lime zest
1 lemon zest
(B) 1 cup milk
(C) 250gm hong kong flour/superfine flour
1 TB baking powder
8 egg whites ( roughly 260gm-280gm)
1/2 tspn cream of tartar (or can substiture with vinegar or lemon juice)
(1) beat ingredients (A) till pale and creamy, then beat in milk & mixture (C) alternately till everything well combined. Set aside.
(2) now, in separate bowl beat ingredients (D) till peak foam.
(3) fold beaten egg white into mixture (A+B+C) in 3 batches, till everything combined.
(4) best to use a pipping bag for spreading the batter to separate paper cups, 80% full of 22-24 cups.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 170'C for about 20 mins.
(6) cool on wire rack then make a hole in the center by using a chopstick.
(7) simply pipe in some cream the follow by blueberry sauce and then top with more cream.
Ingredients for Lemon Lime Cream :
one Italian butter cream recipe
2 tspn Lemon flavoured~NuStevia
2 tspn Lime juice
(combine everything and beat to mix well)
*some blueberry sauce / jam for fillings