Water Roux Garlic Butter Bread
So, here's what I did.
1/2 cup water
2 TB all purpose flour
Combine water & flour and mix well. Then cook carefully over low heat till thicken. Make sure you don't burnt the bottom. Set aside to cool. It looks like glue.
Ingredients for bread dough :
350gm bread flour
150gm all purpose flour
2-1/2 tspn yeast
1 tspn salt
150ml warm milk
50gm cold butter, chopped
For coating : 1 cup sesame seeds & water
(1) combine all ingredients to form soft dough and set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(2) once it's ready, punch & press dough to release air and knead till smooth.
(3) place dough to a slightly floured working table, then divide dough into 10 portions.
(4) flatten each dough and roll each of them into swiss roll, brush dough surface with water and then roll them over to sesame seeds.
(5) again rest dough for another 30 mins and then make a cut to the bread.
(6) place a teaspoon or garlic butter to dough and bake at preheated oven 185-190'C for about 30 mins or till brown.
70gm butter, at room temperature
1/2 tspn salt
1 TB heavy cream
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tspn cilantro / parsley, chopped
(combine everything and mix well)
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting.