Lately, I've been craving for this local kuih bakar kemboja. Kuih bakar
is something quite similar to kuih bingka
as well, the only difference is the usage of flour. Kuih bakar
is normally using all purpose flour and kuih bingka
is usually using rice flour. Kuih bakar
is the tradisional kuih Melayu (Malay kuih) which is made with thick coconut milk, eggs, sugar, flour & pandanus juice
. And it should be sweet & fragrant after baked. And 'kemboja'
is actually the name of the flower shape that the mould it is used. However, I didn't buy any special mould for this cake but by using my old bundt cake tray which turns out as lovely. And here's what I did.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 cup concentrated pandanus juice
3 TB butter, melted
a few drops of pandan coconut extract
some sesame seeds for topping
(1) combine flour & sugar into a big bowl, mix well.
(2) whisk together coconut milk, pandanus juice
& eggs till well mixed. Then place everything together and beat till well combined.
(3) pour batter into a 8" greased bundt cake tray and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
(4) now, bake at preheated oven 175-180'C for about 50 minutes or till brown (make sure the tester came out clean). Best to slice it after cooled completely.
Ta....da..... Gosh, how I not to love the kuih especially the crust. Looks simply gorgeous ! >o<
The crust is alluring..... give me no patience to wait any longer. haha....
I cut it anyway. Yet, still best to cut it after cooled for at least 30 minutes.
I told you so, the crust looks amazing. Here I come..... I must take the first bite.... mmm...mmm...mmm....
Speechless ..... You should give it a go. Bet you have no regret. Enjoy guys !
* I'm sending this to Weekend Bite