Mee Rebus Johor
(Serve : 5-6 persons)
Ingredients for Blended Paste :
5 dried chilies, soaked
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic
1 sticks lemongrass (head), thinly sliced
1cm galangal, sliced (blue ginger)
1 TB coriander powder
1/2 tspn cumin powder
1/2 tspn fennel powder
50gm dried shrimp, soaked
Ingredients for noodle gravy :
1-1/2 cups prawns stock (optional) or water
3 pcs asam keping (tamarind slices)
200gm sweet potato, steamed & blend with 2 cups water
2TB gula melaka
1/2 tspn salt
12/ tspn vegetable granule
(1) preheat a frying pan with 1/2 cup of cooking oil, saute the blended paste till fragrant.
(2) when ready, combine cooked paste with other ingredients and mix well, then bring it to boil.
(3) lower the heat and continue cooking till the consistency as you like.
(4) once its done, set aside and ready to serve.
yellow noodle, rinsed
bean sprout, cleaned the end
hard boiled eggs, halved
(1) bring a pot of water to boil, then cook yellow noodle with boiling water till nice & hot but not overly soft. At the same time, slightly blanch bean sprout with boiling water.
(2) then serve yellow noodle with sweet potato gravy, bean sprout, julienned cucumber, hard boiled eggs, calamansi & fried onion (optional).