Mee Ayam Soto @ Spiced Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients for Soto Soup :
one whole chicken breast
2-1/2 Litre of water (add more if possible)
1 large ornion, skinned
1/2 cup coconut milk
Spices for the soup :
3 star anise
2 cinnamon stick
(packed bunjut mixed spices is highly recommended)
Blended paste :
1 large onion, sliced
1" ginger, sliced
3 shallots, sliced
5 glove of garlic
1 lemongrass, sliced only the bottom stick
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn cummin powder
1 tspn coriander powder
(blend everything turned into smooth paste)
(1) preheat a pot with the 2-1/2 litre of water & onion then bring it to boil. Once the water is ready, throw in the chicken breast then let to boiled over low heat till cooked.
(2) tear chicken meat into shreds after cooled completely, set aside.
(3) now, preheat a frying pan with 3 TB cooking oil then saute the blended paste till fragrant.
(4) next, add cooked blended paste, extra lemongrass & mixed spice (bunjut packet) into hot boiling chicken stock and let to boil for about 15 minutes or till aromatic. Then add in salt & pepper, coconut milk and other seasoning to taste. Set aside & ready to serve.
(1) blanched about 1 kg of yellow noodle & some bean sprout over hot boiling water till cooked.
(2) fried some glass noodle & shallots for topping.
(3) keep chicken meat well shredded.
(4) some green vegetables (cilantro is highly recommended) & pickled chilies to go along.
(5) for serving, place some cooked noodle to a bowl or serving plate. Top with shredded chicken meat, bean sprouts, vegetable, fried glass noodle & fried shallots. Finally, pour in the aromatic spiced soup and serve.