Eggless Pasca ~ Romanian Easter Pastry
50gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn yeast
(mix together then leave to rest for 10 minutes)
450gm all purpose flour
2 TB custard powder
2 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
(1) combined both ingredients (A) & (B) together to form soft dough, knead till butter combined. Then leave to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(2) now, punch dough to release air then knead till smooth. Place dough to working table then divide into 4 portions.
(3) use one portion to roll out like a disk to fit into a 8" greased tray, to work as a base.
(4) then roll the other three portions into 36 inches length rope and braid them into ponytail shape.
(5) fit the braided dough into tray and trim off the excess dough if possible. (use the leftover dough to press to the base dough).
Note : for eggless glazing, mix together 1 tspn maltose with 2 TB of warm milk till everything weill combined.
Ingredients for eggless fillings :
100gm all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
50gm almond meal
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
(beat butter & sugar till fluffy then fold into the remaining ingredients and mix till combined)