Pumpkin Kuih Koci With White Coconut Filling
250gm glutinous rice flour
150gm pumpkin, steamed & mashed
1 TB sugar
pinch of salt
120ml coconut milk
2 TB cooking oil
*14 pcs banana leaves,
(cut into 9cm diameter round then brush on some cooking for coating)
(1) combine flour, sugar & salt into a big bowl then add in mashed pumpkin, coconut milk & oil.
(2) stir mixture turn into soft dough & knead till smooth then divide into 14 portions (40gm each)or 15-16 portions (35gm each) for smaller size. Then round dough & set aside.
Ingredients for white coconut fillings :
3 cups young grated coconut
6 TB sugar
2 TB tapioca flour
(1) combine coconut with sugar & salt, stir well then steam for 15 minutes over preheated steamed
(2) leave to cool then stir in tapioca flour & mix well.
(3) finally, round them into 25gm each balls and its ready to use.
Now, flatten each koci dough and fill in the white coconut then wrap & nicely sealed. Round them if possible. Then set aside till everything is completed. Fold banana leaf into a cone shape then insert a koci ball into the cavity.