Oh dear... oh dear.... Christmas is just 3 days away !!! Are you getting excited ??? Guess, still most of you out there looking for Christmas presents for your love ones. Don't worry, you'll find what you're looking for soon. Just take a break and take a kolaczki
! >o< haha....
here, so you have no choice. Take the kolaczki
instead. LOL. Kolaczki
is one of the famous Eastern European X'mas cookies and often made during special occasion especially around new year. However, you can now easily seen them selling all year round. Kolaczki
is actually made with a very special European pastry dough, which no milk is added in. The most common ingredients used in the pastry is either cream cheese or sour cream in mixing the dough. But I used yogurt ! Well, it works, isn't it ??? hehe....
Somehow pastry preparation can make easy in some way but in the opposite, it could be a disaster at the same time. You know what I mean ! I'm glad I made it.
Ingredients for pastry dough
3 cups all purpose flour
220gm cold butter, chopped
2 TB sugar
1 cup sour cream (I used yogurt)
* for fillings ~ 1 cup homemade pineapple paste or pineapple butter spread or Taiwan pineapple jam
* extra flour for dusting
* icing sugar for dusting
(1) combine flour and butter together then mix till crumbly. form.
(2) beat together sugar and yogurt till well cooperated then stir into flour mixture till soft dough is formed.
(3) keep dough refrigerated for an hour or so, or till set.
(4) divide into 2 portions, keep one portion refrigerated till it is used. Place the other portion to a floured working table then roll it flat.
(5) cut dough into 1.5" square each then fill the center with a teaspoon of jam as desired. I used pineapple paste.
(6) now, fold both sharp edge of the filled dough to meet at the center, as shown in the above picture. Then pressed to seal nicely.
(7) once everything is completed, bake at preheated oven around 185'C for about 14-15 minutes or till golden brown.
I am trying to stop using eggs on this recipe and glad it turns out great even without the egg glazing. And the best thing was I can even serve these to my vegetarian friends. Double happiness !
The pastry crust looks amazing, isn't it ! I wonder what if I try it with cream cheese dough mixing.... The pastry should be really tempting. Still trying to imagine.... LOL. Enjoy guys !
And herewith, wishing all my readers a berry MERRY CHRISTMAS ! Have a fabulous festive season. Enjoy !