Sweet Heart Cake @ Wife Biscuit 老婆饼
Ingredients for winter melon filling :
100gm candied winter melon, chopped
20gm roasted sesame seeds
140gm cooked glutinous rice flour (koh fun)
230ml boiling water
Combine cooked glutinous rice flour, sugar & shortening and rub till well cooperated. Now, add in winter melon & sesame seeds then stir in boiling water till soft dough is form. Leave to cool. Finally, divide into 6 portions. Set aside.
150gm all purpose flour
50gm black sesame seeds, toasted & slightly pound
20gm icing sugar
50gm cold butter, chopped
110gm all purpose flour
(1) For dough A, combine flour & sugar into a big bowl then rub int butter till everything well cooperated.
(2) stir in water to form a soft dough and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
(3) for dough B, combine everything till well cooperated then divide into 6 portions.
(4) for dough A, divide into 6 portions as well then wrap in dough B to form a ball.
(5) further rolling process please refer as here., & for the pressing part please refer here.
(6) now, flatten dough by pressing both end inward then roll it out into round shape where it is big enough to wrap the winter melon fillings.
(7) next, seal the wrapped dough and again slightly flatten it with the rolling pin. Place pastry to baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(8) brush with egg glazing then bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 20-25 minutes or till brown.
Note : **6 portions is large biscuit size, 12 potions is small biscuit size (do whatever size as desired)
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY READERS !