I accidentally found this wonderful eggless recipe yesterday at BBC Good Food
. No patience to wait any longer, I knew I got to try this immediately since this is such a hassle free recipe. Absolutely, fast and easy ! Just combine everything and straight away you can fry it and enjoy them within an hour. This is my first attempt in making churros
. So, have to cross my fingers !
I have tried mixing the dough with the given water level earlier but I felt that the dough is a bit too dense. So, decided to increase the water to 450-500ml. And it turns out fine, yet still need a little energy to squeeze them out. It will take a bit of time though. Overall, it is good !
250gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn homemade vanilla extract
450ml 500ml water (original 350ml)
**for coating : 1/2 cup icing sugar mixed with 2 tspn cinnamon powder
(1) mix together flour and baking powder till well cooperated.
(2) combine water and butter into a sauce pan then bring it to boil.
(3) off the heat, stir in vanilla extract and flour to form smooth dough.
(4) place dough to pipping bag and press it out onto working table for the size as desired, then later fry them till golden brown.
(5) leave to cool before coating with cinnamon sugar, then serve.
turned out beautifully even without eggs. The crust is so crispy !
They look even more tempting after dashing with some icing sugar. Absolutely drooling now !
Surely going to make another batch on this coming weekend for my boy. Bet he will loves it ! Enjoy & have a fantastic week ahead everyone. And remember to SMILE ......