Homemade Curry Chicken Jerky @ Bak Kwa 自制加哩鸡肉干
My 2nd batch of homemade chicken meat jerky @ bak kaw is finally ready. This round I have improved the texture and the flavouring at the same time. Gosh, it turns out just the way I wanted. Thank goodness ! This round the texture is more chewy compared to my 1st attempt. It is best not to reduce the sugar level as well. For Keto consumer, just replace it with Lakanto.
Please read on for more......
400gm-500gm chicken breast minced (about 1 pce)
2 TB oyster sauce
2 TB sesame oil
1 TB shaoxing wine (best to use Rose wiine)
2 TB light soy sauce
2 tspn dark soy sauce
1/2 tspn salt
2 TB curry powder
2 TB wheat starch
1 TB tapioca starch
(1) combine all ingredients into a big bowl then mix till well cooperated. Best to use a mixer for kneading purpose, this will help to give you bouncy texture.
(2) make sure the chicken minced meat became starchy and stick together. Then cover with lid and keep chilled for 3-4 hours or overnight.
(3) next, spread on a 10x14" baking tray lined with greased proof paper. After nicely spread then again keep chilled for another 3 hours or till set, but best to keep overnight.
(4) now, once its ready bake at preheated oven at 160'C for 20 minutes. At this stage, the meat is cooked and moisture released 50%. The tray is wet. So, cut the meat into 6 portions then transfer to another dry tray.
(5) next, put it back to the oven and bake at 185'C for another 20-25 minutes or till the meat became dry and nice. Easy to manage as well.
(6) at this stage the moisture is almost 90% released and the meat will look dry and nice.
(7) now, prepare 4 TB of honey mix with 1 TB of water for grilling purpose.
Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy !