Alkaline~Free Jaggery Sugar Kuih Kosui
50gm rice flour
30gm tapioca flour
20gm wheat starch (tung fun)
130gm gula merah / Jagerry sugar
2 TB sugar
2 pcs pandanus leaves
For coating : 1 cup young grated coconut mix with 1 tspn salt then steam for 10 minutes before used.
(1) combine ingredients (A) & mix well then set aside.
(2) next, heat ingredients (B) till sugar dissolved then discharge pandanus leaves.
(3) now, pour mixture (B) into (A) and keep on stirring till everything well mixed then heat mixture till thicken. (Note : off the heat immediately once the mixture started to thicken. Keep on stirring as it will became thick paste.)
(4) place the thick batter to individual cups then steam for 15-20 minutes or till the center set.
(5) leave to cool then use a teaspoon to tip out the kuih from moulds, and serve with grated coconut.