pandan coconut tart recipe and recreated the old steamed bun recipe with carrot juice for the natural food colouring. Please read on if you're interested.
400gm young grated coconut
50gm melted butter
3 small eggs
2 tspn pandan coconut essence
1 TB concentrated pandan juice
2 TB corn flour
Method : Please refer here. Then divide into 15 portions and round them into ball shape, keep chilled before used)
Ingredients for Bun Dough :
120ml carrot juice
1 TB yeast
1 tbsp sugar
First, combine sugar, water and yeast together and mix well. Then stir in flour to form a sticky dough. Leave it aside for 10 mins or untill it started to rise. If the dough is not rising, please check the expiring date of the yeast. Or give it another 10 mins. If it's still not working, meaning the yeast is no more active. Make a new batch.
1/4 tspn salt
110ml carrot juice, room temperature
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn vinegar
2 tbsp shortening
* carrot juice : 1 carrot blend with 1 cup of water then strain to collect the juices
(1) combine ingredients (A) and place it in a big mixing bowl, make a well in centre.
(2) combine ingredients (B) and mix well.
(3) place starter dough in the centre of the flour, slowing push in the flour and knead.
(4) gradually, add in ingredients (B) to the starter dough and keep kneading untill a dough is form. It will look a little crumby, dry and yellowish but it's ok.
(5) then add in shortening and knead untill combined. You won't get a smooth dough yet but a nice non-sticky dough. Once the wall of the mixing bowl is all clear and shinny, meaning it's done.
(6) set the dough aside for 1 to 1-1/2 hour or untill double in size, make sure to cover it with a damp tower.
(7) by then, you will notice the dough became whiter (not snow white). Punch dough to release air and knead untill smooth. (see above 2nd picture)
(8) divide dough into 60gm each, cover with a damp towel to prevent dry skin.
(10) plead the edges and place it to a parchment paper, simply spray on a little water.
(12) off the heat, remove the lid a few minutes later to prevent shrinkage.