Herman Cinnamon Rolls 赫爾曼桂皮麵包卷
To activate your Herman culture by mixing in the ingredients as follow 3 hours before working on dough :
**1 cup Herman starter + 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 cup milk + 1/2 cup sugar
2 cup Herman starter
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 cup peanut cooking oil
For fillings : 2 TB cinnamon powder & 100gm butter at room temperature
(1) combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & sugar into a big mixing bowl and mix well.
(2) next, stir in Herman starter till sticky soft dough is formed.
(3) stir in oil and continue kneading till smooth and no longer sticking to hands.
(4) place dough to slightly floured working table and roll it out flat into 14x16" sheet.
(6) now, roll dough to form swiss roll (as shown in picture).
(7) cut into 12 equal portions and place it to 9x13" tray lined with parchment paper.
(9) drizzle on sugar frosting once its cooled.
Ingredients for sugar frosting :
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 TB calamansi juice
(mix to form thick paste then transfer to pipping bag)