Yellow Mustard Fried Chicken 芥末醬炸香鸡

I am a weird person and I love mustard to bit. I know not many Chinese loves it especially hubby ! haha.... However, I am not afraid to season my cooking dish with the ingredient. The other day I found a bottle of yellow mustard in the fridge and fry chicken is the first thing strike my head. Ok OK Ok.... yellow mustard fried chicken should sounds wonderful for everyone. So, here's what I did.

Always washed & discharged extra fat from the chicken when preparing any chicken dish.

Ingredients :
4  whole chicken thigh, cut into 3 portions each
salt & pepper to taste
2 TB  yellow mustard sauce
1 tspn  garlic powder
1 TB  black peppercorn, crashed
1 tspn  black pepper powder
1/2 TB  paprika
1 tspn   granules powder
1 cup  milk
1 cup  all purpose flour
*1-1/2 cups  cornflour for coating
*cooking oil for deep frying

Method :
(1)  mix together chicken pieces with salt, pepper, mustard, black pepper & pepper corn, paprika, granules powder and stir till everything well blended. Then stir in milk & flour till well cooperated. Let to rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
(2)  once its ready, coat each marinated chicken pieces with corn flour and deep fry till golden brown.

*Note : I put in about 1-1/3 TB of salt.

Salivating just by the look of the crust. Don't you think so ! Hope you guys will love it too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...