Purple Sweet Potato Mousse Swiss Roll 紫薯仔慕斯瑞士卷
Ingredients for Sponge Cake :
4 egg yolk
20gm fine sugar
40ml corn oil
70gm cake flour/all purpose flour
1 tspn vanilla extract/essence
4 egg white
50gm fine sugar
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
(1) from ingredients (A), hand beat sugar and egg yolk till creamy, then add in flour and milk alternately with in 3 batches till everything well cooperated. Then stir in oil &vanilla and Set aside.
(2) Ingredient (B), whisk egg white till foamy then add in cream of tartar and half of the sugar. Continue beating till thick & foamy. Add in the remaining sugar and beat till top foam.
(3) now, fold meringue into mixture (A) till everything well blended. Do not over mix.
(4) transfer batter to a 9x11" baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for 25 minutes.
(6) once its done, unmould cake with placing a wax paper or non-stick baking paper over the surface of the cake then top with another layer of kitchen towel or silicon sheet, flip over the cake. This is to prevent the cake surface from sticking to the sheet while removing it later.
(7) remove baking paper then roll cake together with the silicon sheet or kitchen towel, into swiss roll while its still warm. Leave it to cool down in rolled shape.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato mousse :
500gm purple sweet potatoes
200gm butter, diced
100ml whipping cream
(1) skinned sweet potatoes then sliced into small pieces and then steamed for 15 mintues.
(2) once its ready, mashed into puree then stir in butter chunks till everything well cooperated.
(3) next, press sweet puree through a fine sieve and discharged any remaining chunks.
(4) whipped cream till set then fold into sweet potato puree till well combined.
(5) finally, transfer mixture to 2 different pipping bags.
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) once the cake has cooled, unroll the cake as picture shown below.