Earl Grey Tea Ring
You've seen earl grey tea in cookies... in quick loaf....in cupcakes...... anything else!? What about in soft bread slice! I have yet tried anything with earl gray tea before and I hope this is something that I am expecting for.... light, refreshing and fluffy.
Starter Dough :
40gm milk, at room temperature
2/3 tbsp yeast
(combine all ingredient & mix well, leave to ferment overnight)
Main Dough :
100gm warm milk
2 pkts earl grey tea
200gm bread flour
2-1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
* egg glaze : one egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
(1) combine warm milk and earl grey tea together, leave aside for 30mins.
(2) combine flour, sugar & salt in a big mixing bowl.
(3) then add in earl grey tea mixture, egg and starter dough.
(4) mix well to form a sticky dough and let to rest for an hour.
(5) punch dough to release air and place dough onto a slightly floured working table.
(6) roll dough into a ball and make a big hole in the centre.
(7) let to proof untill double in size or about 45 mins, brush with egg glaze.
(8) bake at preheated oven at 160'c for about 25-30mins.
My oven is too small for this soft ring bread causing the missing hole in the centre! :o) I should have place in a cup in the center.
The bread seem so lovely, looking like a gigantic bagel! I like the softness and the mild tea aroma. Simply refreshing! Just perfect with a spread of butter and a cup of tea. Enjoy everyone!